Friend or foe?
This downloadable resource is about garden insects.
The resource is a unit of work that teaches about the different insects found in a garden.
Although designed for use in a vegetable garden, the activities could also be used in other outdoor locations. It includes an activity where students define an investigative question, research and collect data and interpret their results.
Learning outcomes may vary according to the questions students ask.
Instructions for making a bug catcher are included (optional), and the resource includes an extensive list of online resources.
- Year 3 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods including tables and simple column graphs to represent... > ACSIS057
- Year 3 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things can be grouped on the basis of observable features and can be... > ACSSU044
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations, ideas and findings using formal and... > ACSIS071
- Year 4 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things depend on each other and the environment to survive > ACSSU073
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves making predictions and describing patterns and relationships > ACSHE061