This hands-on activity deals with energy conservation and transformation.
The resource is a downloadable document that contains instruction and investigation prompts for an intriguing student practical activity concerning energy conservation and transformation.
The activity involves the construction of a cylinder that when rolled away across the floor, slows, stops and returns.
This device is commonly known as a ‘comeback can’ or ‘returning tin’.
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose,... > ACSIS208
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Critically analyse the validity of information in primary and secondary sources... > ACSIS206
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Select and use appropriate equipment, including digital technologies, to... > ACSIS200
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Formulate questions or hypotheses that can be investigated scientifically > ACSIS198
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Energy conservation in a system can be explained by describing energy transfers... > ACSSU190
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences