Build a roller coaster
This online resource is a student practical activity that focuses on demonstrating the transference of energy through building a model roller coaster.
The resource includes instructions on how to create a roller coaster using foam tubing cut in half and a marble.
The resource also includes definitions of key terms as well as where to go to learn more about roller coasters.
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose,... > ACSIS208
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Formulate questions or hypotheses that can be investigated scientifically > ACSIS198
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Energy conservation in a system can be explained by describing energy transfers... > ACSSU190
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > The motion of objects can be described and predicted using the laws of physics > ACSSU229
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences