Build a roller coaster
This online resource explores potential and kinetic energy.
The resource is a student practical activity that focuses on demonstrating the transference of energy through the building a model roller coaster.
It includes instructions on how to create a roller coaster using a marble and foam tubing cut in half.
The resource also includes definitions of key terms as well as where to go to learn more about roller coasters.
Australian Curriculum v9 Codes: AC9S8U05 (Year 8), AC9S9U05 (Year 9), AC9S10U05 (Year 10)
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate scientific ideas and information for a particular purpose,... > ACSIS208
- Year 10 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Formulate questions or hypotheses that can be investigated scientifically > ACSIS198
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Energy conservation in a system can be explained by describing energy transfers... > ACSSU190
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > The motion of objects can be described and predicted using the laws of physics > ACSSU229
- Year Senior Secondary > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences