Watch it grow! - Primary Connections
This unit of work investigates the life cycle of living things.
It details ways of supporting and engaging younger students when learning about the growth, development, reproduction, and death of different living things.
New Australian Curriculum Codes: AC9S1U01 (Year 1), AC9S3U01 (Year 3)
This inquiry-based teaching unit of work outlines tasks and activities that are intended to engage students when investigating the growth and development of living things. It includes 7 lesson plans, teacher background, student worksheets and other teaching resources that support its implementation.
Primary Connections is a program developed by the Australian Academy of Science and is freely available to Australian educators through the National Digital Learning Resources Network via either the Scootle website or your local jurisdictional portal. This process requires registration on one of these sites and you will be asked to log in to access these resources.
Refer to your school science resources to determine if your school has access to the Primary Connections materials. If your school does not have access to the PrimaryConnections resources visit the Australian Academy of Science's Primary Connection website to find out more about the program. http://primaryconnections.org.au
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS042
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS041
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions > ACSIS038
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided... > ACSIS040
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS037
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves > ACSSU030
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE034
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE035