This website has a good visual representation of the particle model for solids, liquids and gases. It is useful as a demonstration on interactive whiteboards or as a homework learning activity.
This online resource helps students determine if materials are compounds or elements.
This website gives students the opportunity to build a variety of atoms by dragging protons, electrons and neutrons into the correct locations on a template.
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > The properties of the different states of matter can be explained in terms of... > ACSSU151
This online resource helps consolidate student's understanding of atomic structure through a bingo-like game.
This online resource is an assessment item to identify compounds and elements.
Explore the revolution that is renewable energy! Examine renewable energy sources including: wind, solar, geothermal and ocean.
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Energy conservation in a system can be explained by describing energy transfers... > ACSSU190
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Earth’s resources are used in a variety of ways > ACSSU032
- Year 6 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Electrical energy can be transferred and transformed in electrical circuits and... > ACSSU219
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Some of Earth’s resources are renewable, including water that cycles through... > ACSSU116
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Energy appears in different forms including movement (kinetic energy), heat and... > ACSSU155
This online resource deals with the circulatory and respiratory systems.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS146
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Use scientific knowledge and findings from investigations to evaluate claims... > ACSIS234
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS145
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs that carry out specialised... > ACSSU150
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms rely on coordinated and interdependent internal... > ACSSU175
This online resource holds a wide range of science-related videos.
If a student wears glasses, do they need to use safety glasses as well during science experiements?