Chemical Register / SDS: Re: Personal Care products (shampoos, cosmetics, etc.) and foodstuffs stored in the Science department at my school for use in experiments.
Ventilation in corrosives cupboard: Are there any regulations regarding ventilation in corrosives and flammables cupboards—we are getting a new building and the architects are asking me for the reg
Fume cupboards in senior chemistry labs: With the changes to the Chem course with the Australian Curriculum, and the increased emphasis on organic chem, what are the recommendations for the number
chemical storage bottles: Hi, are there any rules about the types of bottles to store chemicals in, in the chemical store room. ie must they have screw lids only or stoppers only.
Snail Dissections: Hi I have a teacher that wants to do a snail dissection with 13 year old students. I thought we were not allowed to do them due to the number of parasites that snails can carry.
School Chemical Register: I've just been reviewing our current Chemical Register. I was wondering if I need to have every classroom on the register.
This online resource is an ASSIST Connected Learning Experience (CLE) to help teach Year 8 students about the digestive system in higher animals.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS148
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS146
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS145
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs that carry out specialised... > ACSSU150
Laboratory Chemicals and Waste Management/Setup: I am seeking reading material/documents that will help me in regards to the 'Chemical Waste Setup' required.
Calcium hydroxide: I have 2 bottles of Calcium Hydroxide that are moist. Can it be dried out? Or is it no good or Ok as is? Also how do I stop the chemicals from becoming moist?
Writing risk assessments for chemical classes: When writing risk assessments for chemical classes (instead of one for the use of every individual chemical), what is the best way? I've seen others