School Chemical Register: I've just been reviewing our current Chemical Register. I was wondering if I need to have every classroom on the register.
This online resource is an ASSIST Connected Learning Experience (CLE) to help teach Year 8 students about the digestive system in higher animals.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS148
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Reflect on scientific investigations including evaluating the quality of the... > ACSIS146
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Collaboratively and individually plan and conduct a range of investigation... > ACSIS140
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Measure and control variables, select equipment appropriate to the task and... > ACSIS141
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Summarise data, from students’ own investigations and secondary sources, and... > ACSIS145
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms contain systems of organs that carry out specialised... > ACSSU150
Laboratory Chemicals and Waste Management/Setup: I am seeking reading material/documents that will help me in regards to the 'Chemical Waste Setup' required.
Calcium hydroxide: I have 2 bottles of Calcium Hydroxide that are moist. Can it be dried out? Or is it no good or Ok as is? Also how do I stop the chemicals from becoming moist?
Writing risk assessments for chemical classes: When writing risk assessments for chemical classes (instead of one for the use of every individual chemical), what is the best way? I've seen others
Preparation of Equipment for Dissections: Is it now a requirement that all dissection equipment be disinfected BEFORE being dispensed to a class?
Cheek Cells: Are students able to do the cheek cell practical using their own cheek cells?
Chemical Storage: Hi, just wanting some clarification on the storage of manganese dioxide, please.
Online booking programs: Can you recommend 2 or 3 commercial, online booking programs for me to review.
Chem register: Hi. Do you have a register that I can download that lists chemicals for schools please? One that is updated with the GHS.