Lab Safety—sitting during practicals: Do you know if it is a legal requirement for there to be no sitting at benches during school science experiments please?
Hearing Aids—Van der Graaff generator: Can you tell me if hearing aids should be included in the electronic equipment that could be affected by a Van der Graaff generator?
Chemicals in schools (formaldehyde, melamine and cyanuric acid): Can someone please tell me if we can use formaldehyde (37%), melamine or cyanuric acid for IB individual design experiments in schoo
Laboratory Signage & Waste Disposal: I would like to know if it's mandatory for school laboratories to have a biological sticker on the front door of a prep room and on a 30 degree incubator?
This online resource gives details on an activity that investigates the advantages and disadvantages of vaccination against Ebola.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS170
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Multi-cellular organisms rely on coordinated and interdependent internal... > ACSSU175
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they accept claims,... > ACSHE160
Mosquite larvae. I’m putting together some activities for Year 2 students and was wondering if we are still able to use mosquito larvae in the classroom?
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things grow, change and have offspring similar to themselves > ACSSU030
When teaching chemical reactions at Year 10 level, is there any definitive set of reactions the students are expected to know?
- Year 10 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Different types of chemical reactions are used to produce a range of products... > ACSSU187
Old Chemicals: I have some old chemicals that either don't have a supplier's name, or the companies don't exist anymore. How do I label them?
Precipitation reaction (sodium hydroxide and barium nitrate): I wonder if you can help me out with another confusing chemical reaction we have observed in our lab.
Banned chemicals/materials list NSW & ACT: Hi there, I have heard that schools in NSW & ACT have updated their list of banned chemicals and materials for use in Science.