Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Science ASSIST continues to provide online support to school science and is closely monitoring updates regarding C
This online resource is a source of reviews for science teaching-related resources.
3D printing is a relatively new technology and industry and is also one of the latest technologies to enter schools.
Use of Science ASSIST resources: Do I need permission to use and/or adapt the resources on the Science ASSIST website?
Recommendations for microscope replacement: Our school microscopes are old and in need of replacement, however I am interested in viewpoints as to whether traditional compound microscopes are still
Balloons: I haven't heard of any issues but we have a parent who is concerned with regards to balloons and latex and the powder residue in them.
Kate Dilger, Science ASSIST Teacher Support Officer, 'unpacks' the Year 10 'Egg Bungee Jump' CLE (Connected Learning Experience) resource.
Description: In this investigation, living things that live in particular habitats are investigated in the context of habitats being places that provide many of the needs of living
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS029
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS213
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions using... > ACSIS025
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS024
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things live in different places where their needs are met > ACSSU211
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE022
This downloadable document contains quick links to the Connected Learning Experiences that have been developed by Science ASSIST.
This online resource is a teaching unit intended to support a Year 1 teacher when investigating the science of sound with students in the early years.