Labelling silver nitrate: I am labeling some Silver nitrate solution with Gold FFX and saw that it doesn't come up with any Pictograms but says it is harmful to aquatic life.
Science ASSIST resources and copyright: Is permission required to use, copy/paste, edi
Disposal of Ammonium Thiocyanate: Please can you tell me how to safely dispose of Ammonium Thiocyanate which has started to liquefy?
Handling cow manure in school science laboratories: Can cow manure be used for practical activities in school science laboratories? Are there any regulations regarding handling cow manure?
Animal skeleton: One of our teachers can get a sheep skeleton from someone. The sheep died in a field and the bones are now devoid of any flesh.
This Collected Learning Experience deals with the rock cycle.
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS148
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS144
- Year 8 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Identify questions and problems that can be investigated scientifically and... > ACSIS139
- Year 8 > Science Understanding > Earth and Space Sciences > Sedimentary, igneous and metamorphic rocks contain minerals and are formed by... > ACSSU153
This Connected Learning Experience introduces the idea of animal habitats.
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations and ideas in a variety of ways > ACSIS029
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS213
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions > ACSIS025
- Year 1 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS024
- Year 1 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Living things live in different places where their needs are met > ACSSU211
- Year 1 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE022
This Connected Learning Experience looks at chemical reactions.
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Plan, select and use appropriate investigation types, including field work and... > ACSIS165
- Year 9 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use knowledge of scientific concepts to draw conclusions that are consistent... > ACSIS170
- Year 9 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Chemical reactions, including combustion and the reactions of acids, are... > ACSSU179
- Year 9 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use scientific knowledge to evaluate whether they accept claims,... > ACSHE160
Effect of catalyst and surface area on reaction rate: One of my teachers is doing the above mentioned prac for Yr 11 Chemistry. She has asked for saturated Oxalic acid solution.
Definition of "locked up" on MSDS: I am in the process of rearranging our chemical storage area.