Forces without contact - student misconceptions
Publication Date: April, 2014
Type of Resource: Teacher background info
This online resource provides teaching strategies for teaching about non-contact forces such as gravity, magnetism and electrostatic attraction.
Critical teaching ideas covered.
- Some objects experience forces from things that are not touching them.
- Magnets can be used to make other magnets and things made of iron move without being touched.
- Something that has been electrically charged can make other things move without touching them.
- Things near the Earth fall toward the Earth unless something holds them up. The Earth pulls any object towards the centre of the Earth without touching it.
- Year 4 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > Forces can be exerted by one object on another through direct contact or from a... > ACSSU076