Weather watch CLE - Foundation
This online resource is an ASSIST Connected Learning Experience (CLE) to help teach Foundation-year students about the weather.
Description: In this investigation, students investigate weather and how it affects them in the context of observing cloud formation, observing the effects of wind and describing changes in temperature.
Students will be able to:
- explore and make observations about features of the weather (cloud and cloud formation, wind, temperature) using the senses;
- respond to questions about familiar objects and events, such as different features of the weather;
- engage in discussions about observations of weather features (cloud and cloud formation, wind, changes in temperature);
- use drawings and language to represent ideas about features of the weather (cloud and cloud formation, wind, temperature);
- use comparisons to describe the strength of wind or temperature of the air.
The Connected Learning Experience Resource
A Connected Learning Experience (CLE) is a resource package designed to support the use of inquiry investigations in the classroom.
Each CLE may not encompass all the concepts and skills addressed in the specific content descriptions outlined by the Australian Curriculum: Science for that year level. The Learning Intentions clearly define the aims and objectives of the CLE.
Foundation Year Achievement Standard
This lesson sequence provides opportunities to gather information about students’ achievement of specific components in the standards.
By the end of the Foundation year, students describe the properties and behaviour of familiar objects. They suggest how the environment affects them and other living things.
Students share and reflect on observations and ask and respond to questions about familiar objects and events.
- Year Foundation > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations and make observations using the senses > ACSIS011
- Year Foundation > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Engage in discussions about observations and represent ideas > ACSIS233
- Year Foundation > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions about familiar objects and events > ACSIS014
- Year Foundation > Science Understanding > Earth and space sciences > Daily and seasonal changes in our environment affect everyday life > ACSSU004
- Year Foundation > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE013