Third party Safety Data Sheets (SDSs): Can you clarify the requirement for a manufacturer's SDSs versus a third party SDSs?
This online resource is a Science ASSIST Connected Learning Experience (CLE) to help teach Year 7 students about the connected nature of ecosystems and the flow of energy through them.
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Communicate ideas, findings and evidence-based solutions to problems using... > ACSIS133
- Year 7 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Construct and use a range of representations, including graphs, keys and models... > ACSIS129
- Year 7 > Science Understanding > Biological Sciences > Interactions between organisms, including the effects of human activities, can... > ACSSU112
- Year 7 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science understanding and skills in their occupations and these have... > ACSHE121
Copper Sulfate Crystals: Is there a way to re-use copper (II) sulfate crystals to make another saturated solution?
Description: In this investigation, the properties of materials are investigated in the context of modelling a bungee jump by an egg.
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Communicating > Represent and communicate observations, ideas and findings using formal and... > ACSIS071
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Consider the elements of fair tests and use formal measurements and digital... > ACSIS066
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > With guidance, plan and conduct scientific investigations to find answers to... > ACSIS065
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Compare results with predictions, suggesting possible reasons for findings > ACSIS216
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods including tables and simple column graphs to represent... > ACSIS068
- Year 4 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > With guidance, identify questions in familiar contexts that can be investigated... > ACSIS064
- Year 4 > Science Understanding > Chemical Sciences > Natural and processed materials have a range of physical properties that can... > ACSSU074
- Year 4 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions > ACSHE062
Autoclaving disposable Petri dishes: How do you use a biohazard bag and can plastic disposable Petri dishes be autoclaved in them?
Description: In this investigation, students explore how push/pull forces can be applied to make an object move, in the context of spinning tops.
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS041
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions using... > ACSIS038
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided... > ACSIS040
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS037
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > A push or a pull affects how an object moves or changes shape > ACSSU033
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE034
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE035
Adrian Dilger, Numeracy Consultant, at the Catholic Education Office SA, identifies the links to the Australian Curriculum: Maths in the following CLEs: Weather watch (yr F), Sound and hearing (yr
Kate Dilger, Science ASSIST Teacher Support Officer, explains what a Connected Learning Experience is, outlines its components and describes how to 'unpack' one.
SDS for non-hazardous chemicals: Do my suppliers need to supply me with a SDS for a non hazardous chemical if I ask for it?
Labelling of solutions: This may have been asked before but do diluted solutions of chemicals need to be labeled with the new GHS and if so, do the ones that I have now have to be re-labeled or is