Description: In this investigation, students explore how push/pull forces can be applied to make an object move, in the context of spinning tops.
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Evaluating > Compare observations with those of others > ACSIS041
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Planning and conducting > Participate in guided investigations to explore and answer questions using... > ACSIS038
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Processing and analysing data and information > Use a range of methods to sort information, including drawings and provided... > ACSIS040
- Year 2 > Science Inquiry Skills > Questioning and Predicting > Pose and respond to questions, and make predictions about familiar objects and... > ACSIS037
- Year 2 > Science Understanding > Physical Sciences > A push or a pull affects how an object moves or changes shape > ACSSU033
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Nature and development of science > Science involves observing, asking questions about, and describing changes in,... > ACSHE034
- Year 2 > Science as a Human Endeavour > Use and influence of science > People use science in their daily lives, including when caring for their... > ACSHE035
Adrian Dilger, Numeracy Consultant, at the Catholic Education Office SA, identifies the links to the Australian Curriculum: Maths in the following CLEs: Weather watch (yr F), Sound and hearing (yr
Kate Dilger, Science ASSIST Teacher Support Officer, explains what a Connected Learning Experience is, outlines its components and describes how to 'unpack' one.
SDS for non-hazardous chemicals: Do my suppliers need to supply me with a SDS for a non hazardous chemical if I ask for it?
Labelling of solutions: This may have been asked before but do diluted solutions of chemicals need to be labeled with the new GHS and if so, do the ones that I have now have to be re-labeled or is
Labelling silver nitrate and silver nitrate solutions: I am labeling some Silver nitrate solution with Gold FFX and saw that it doesn't come up with any Pictograms but says it is harmful to aquatic
Science ASSIST resources and copyright: Are we permitted to copy paste and edit for our particular school, the SOPs on Science Assist?
Disposal of Ammonium Thiocyanate: Please can you tell me how to safely dispose of Ammonium Thiocyanate which has started to liquefy?
Lab safety/guidelines: Is there any legislation that states that you need to have a first aid kit available in each Science Lab, that chemical store rooms need to be ventilated and that food (even
Handling cow manure in science labs: I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a request I have received from the Ag department here.